Sunday 29 January 2012

Operation Straight Teeth (Sept 2011)

Operation Straight Teeth first started for me in September 2001, when I decided I wanted some cosmetic dentistry. 

I knew it'd cost ALOT - and I wasn't wrong. But if you're looking into it, be prepared for a long wait. 

From getting three quotations, to going for all the impressions, agreeing my ClinCheck, and then getting the braces took four months. 

This is my journey with invisalign, hope it helps if you're doing too. 

As I've only started this blog now, here's a brief rundown of how I got here: 

September 2011

Contacted THREE clinics who do invisalign or a UK alternative. I'd researched that I wanted invisalign because I didn't want a brace that was visible, and I wanted FAST results. 

Holywell House in Hinckley were helpful, but had a massive backlog of patients and quoted over the phone in the region of £7000. 

Simon Rixon in Nuneaton quoted about £4000, but this was for more like a six month smile. 

Euro Dental Care in Harborne, Birmingham quoted £3800. Dr Agaarwal met me for an initial consultation on the 8th October 2011... he talked for two hours about my options and how much each option would cost. 

A month later I was in for my invisalign impressions, so they could create a computer generated diagram of how my teeth would look.#

By the 18th December, I'd had an extraction in my lower set of teeth to make room for the squashed teeth to move around... a filling, because if there's even slight decay in a tooth, moving it could make it die. ALWAYS have these fixed before invisalign treatment. 

Next I'll post my clincheck and talk about treatment...

No comments:

Post a Comment