Tuesday 24 July 2012

Invisalign Attachments Removed - Week 25/26

On Saturday 21st July it was back to the dentist to have my attachments removed. 

Teeth can still move using the invisalign aligners without the attachments but they are the things that really anchor the clear brace into place. 

Here's the last shot: 



The attachments are literally filed down... I had six and it took a couple of minutes. 

There was a lot of discolouring on them, so my dentist removed that for me...



And here's the result: 



So, now just three weeks to go. My final aligner (14) doesn't have any groves for the attachments so we won't get too much movement. 

I'm thinking about whether or not I'm happy with my invisalign, and the only thing I'm thinking of seeing if we can revise is... the second teeth in the top jaw (either side of my front two teeth) don't slot in nicely to the front teeth.

I'm might look at seeing if some shaving and another couple of aligners could perfect that. Let me know your thoughts!

So - three weeks to go - Saturday 11th August is final appointment day! Wish me luck! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the experience about the Invisalign Attachments Removed. Really nice blog!!

    invisalign

    ReplyDelete